Sunday, January 4, 2009

Where does the time go?


So here it is 2009 and I am so far behind on my blog. You girls are so great about it, really puts me to shame. Not to mention I haven't taken enough pictures to post for the holidays and what not. So I'll just have to piece this post together. Not really sure where to start. I guess I will start with now and work backwards. I am recovering from my hysterectomy, which was a Christmas gift from my OB. Yes, I had surgery on Christmas Eve. But I did get to stay in FBC to recover so that was pretty special. Had some really great nurses who made sure that I never hurt or threw-up which are two very important things. New Years of course was uneventful. High on percocet was about it. Derek suggested Grace beat a pan at midnight and then got irritated when she did. He was tired by midnight. Me, I was still numb from the meds. We celebrated Christmas on the 23rd, which was actually good. The lines were non existent for returns. I think we may do it again next year. hehe. We drove down to Medford for Thanksgiving. Stayed in a hotel, that seems to be a better idea than crowding Derek's mom and dad's house now that Sarah has gotten married. Unfortunately I did not get to watch the Macy's Day Parade, which is something I really enjoy. But o'well. That is really all that is going on here. Derek and Jimmy have gone skiing a couple times. I guess the snow on the mountain is great. I saw that Coutiers went sledding. I think they went to Sun River, but hmm, they didn't call.


So here are some pictures that I have showing all this great fun....

Grace's note to Santa... she's crazy.
Electronics for everyone.
My tree post christmas
It's time to take in the patio furniture.
If you don't have friends, make two. Out of PACU. It was a tough 1st day. But I survived w/o pneaumonia

2 comments:

The Copeland's said...

Glad to hear that you are doing well, and that you got a good xmas present from your OB/GYN!!! Hope you are recovering nicely!

Natasha said...

I didn't know you were having surgery! Glad everything went well! We went sledding in February, you didn't live in Bend yet, right?! How long do you have off of work? Are you still casual?